The objective of this course is twofold: to provide participants with a solid background on significant topics ranging from the basics of wind energy conversion and control design to offshore load calculations and load analysis, and to present a series of hands-on workshops to allow participants to acquire a good command of the Bladed software.
By the end of the coures you will be able to understand the basic principles of a wind turbine, build a complete wind turbine model, perform load calculations, understand control concepts and have an overview of site specific load calculations.
- Introduction to Bladed
- Building a wind turbine model
- Rotor aerodynamics
- Structural dynamics
- Control and safety systems
- Modelling the environment
- Running steady calculations
- Running simulations
- Post-processing and reporting
- The role of standards and certification
- Offshore wind climate and wave loading
- Offshore structures and foundations
- Site specific load calculations
- Seismic loading
Engineers who are new to the field of wind turbine design and / or new to using Bladed software.